Thursday, September 07, 2006

Some Good Stuff

Hello everyone,

Things are going quite well today, thanks to some fun stuff that went on yesterday. We found a nice house to move into, sharing with three female med students. The place was really nice, and though our room is smaller than the rest, we also have an extra room thrown in as our own. That's very good.

However, I may not even end up there for long, as I've landed a job interview with Wessex Archaeology in Salisbury, Wiltshire. Hopefully it goes well, Wiltshire is a hotbed of archaeology, pretty much referred to as one big monument! This is the area where stonehenge and many other monuments are. Here's hoping! It would be nice to make a few pounds before heading home for the wedding.

Another cool thing (maybe the coolest)is that while working as a university conference tea person on a student job, nicole rubbed elbows with the right folks who happened to have a whole lot of spaces to fill at a banquet at Cardiff Castle! I guess 17 people cancelled, so they're trying to fill it up. Off we go! It's tonight at 7:30, and apparently its a really classy place where the royal family has held banquets. I can't wait. I've included some photos below.

On a lower note, what's all this about rumors that the Fjords dislike Carbon Dating Service? I thought we were all buddies. Who is spreading such stuff? To set the record straight, CDS happen to be composed of some really good friends of ours, and I would like it to remain this way.

Right, then.

See you all soon!

Luke

Oh, here's some photos I found of Cardiff Castle and the banquet hall:



1 comment:

Jonathan said...

hi Luke. I did hearing about your crazy adventures. i should start logging again soon. seems lek you're doing super well over there, but i still miss ya over here. maybe i'll have my alum done by the time you come back. keep it real.