Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day, from all of us.



Well friends, here we are at March 17th, and contrary to my initial hopes, I am not sitting in a Galway pub. That's ok. At least this way I was able to catch Nicole's fabulous premiere last night, and partake in the ensuing festivities. For those who don't know what premiere I'm speaking of, Nicole is portraying Mary Snow in La Troupe Du Jour's 20th Anniversary production Saltwater Moon. She was a hit! Those festivities were also a hit, unfortunately, and I think I've crippled myself for any St. Paddy's celebrations this evening. Maybe I'll be able to handle a spot of irish cream tonight, or a single Kilkenny. Alas, for all my Ireland training, I still am a lightweight. I had a great time trying to speak french with the cast and crew, and I think I'm improving quite a bit. I'm starting to learn quaint french translations for handy little prases like "move it!". Brilliant.

Today my Mom mentioned that a co-worker from the library knew someone digging in Britain who had to be inoculated against the Plague. I guess they were in danger of being infected because they were digging in Plague strata. I wonder if this is going to be an issue for me. Nothing like getting the Black Death from an old pile of bones in a hole in the ground. Looks like I may have to keep a 5th of Jameson's on hand at all times . . . for disinfectant purposes of course!

I realize these blogs will be far more interesting once I actually am IN Ireland, but I'll keep typing them anyway!

Have fun tonight, and as my uncle (who happens to be a bit of an irish whiskey connoisseur himself) says, Hold Tight To Your Shilelagh!

No comments: