Hi Hi,
It's been a good week, but we've been pretty tired! The days have been flying past, and tomorrow is FRIDAY. What's going on back home? I think all of you should comment with your weekend plans.
I talked to my boss the other day about getting bumped up in pay, and it looks like its going to happen. I was hired as a "General Operative" (sounds like C.I.A. talk), but over the past few months I've decided that I'm just as qualified as any of the other "Site Assistants", and deserve to be one. I think it will mean another 40 or 50 Euros a week, so yay!
Last night Nicole and I were terribly bored, (our soccer game got rained out) so we decided to go to Fun World. Fun World is a VLT centre, where you can bet about 10 cents or less per play. We played an old-school slot machine with the big lever and dinging bells, and for one Euro we could pull the lever 50 times! 2 cent bets. Hilarious. The european VLT's are ridiculous. They are often found alongside shops selling massive 1 KG Dairy Milk bars in the hallowed halls of Heathrow airport. There seems to be some sort of proper way to play them, but Nicole and I couldn't make much sense of it. Usually we ended up laughing. One machine had a button called "Psycho Play" which, after just one push, simply drained our money away automatically, 20 cents at a time. Luckily we had only plugged 1 euro in! We managed to break even on one particularly crazy machine. We put 20 cents into it, pushed the "play" button, and off it went. It was dinging, ringing, buzzing, clanging, and shaking. There were all sorts of flashing buttons, arrows, and lights. We decided after some time that we were supposed to press one of the buttons. After pressing about 6 random buttons (which only seemed to change the type flashing and dinging)the thing made a huge crashing noise and spit 10 Euros at us. We looked at each other and burst out laughing. I don't think we'll return to Fun World!
Well, there is a big line, I had better go.
Have a nice weekend!
Luke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Lukey!
I really need to check my other email more often. Just found this today! Glad to hear your doing well and having good times on your exursion, but the Fjords fan in me misses seeing you & the guys play....
Rock on and keep the updates coming!
Mel
Post a Comment