Saturday, June 17, 2006

No Takers Yet?

Well, no donations yet. I can't say I'm not disappointed! Come on, people, this blog is only as good as YOU make it. I could be writing about helicopter tours or wine tasting trips or something! Well, I guess cork is cool. Cork is quite a cool city. Definitely a fave. We got up at 5:15 today to drive out here. Nicole and I slept in the car quite well, but once again I'm finding myself very tired and lazy on my big tourist days off. A bit of a shame! I bought a sleeveless t-shirt to try to work on my farmer's tan before Spain. It is definitely going to be a task... One funny thing about these cities is that they are really quite small. Cork is somewhere I've definitely heard of all of my life, and it has less people than Regina. Cool pedestrian streets, though, and a fabulous market with all sorts of awesome looking cheese. I almost bought a big slab of locally made cheddar to munch on. We stopped in Mitchelstown on the way here, the place where our next project will centre around. It was ok, but it seemed even quieter than Ballinasloe. Not exactly a seething metropolis. It is about an hour from Cork, so we probably don't want to be based in the City. Alas, I think I saw a few tumbleweeds blow by... More interesting was the town of Fermoy, only about 7K away. Bigger, more alive, more colourful and very, very pretty! Might be a good place to try to find a flat. Here's a picture, though not a great one:



Anyway, off to see more CORK.

Later!

Luke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not give up yet. I am taking your plea very seriously and have decided to devote one hour a week to attempt to raise money for your cause. I have taken to standing on the corner of Isabella and Haultain once a week holding out my black straw hat with a rather intense look on my face. I regret to say that so far there have been no donations just very quizzical looks from some neighbours!!