Saturday, May 13, 2006

La fin de semaine

Well, its the weekend here in Ballinasloe, and the town is buzzin'! There's about four trucks of calves for sale in a parking lot, and they're selling old-school Nike Air sweatshirts at the market. Sometimes I can't keep up with the pace around here. The job is going really well, between survey work with Ben and digging at the ringfort. I've been able to put some of my Archaeology 470 "academic specialization" to use this past week, and I actually felt worthwhile, and that my degree counted for something. Dr. Ernie Walker would be proud. Well, maybe. Anyway, what is new with all of you? I sure appreciate your emails and comments. What is new back home?

Today I was in the mood for a bit of detective work. Who is reading this thing? I am interested in finding out. If you read this particular post, it would be cool if you would post a comment so I can see who you are. I'm just curious.

Thursday I played another set at Maud Millar's. This one was paid, which was very nice, and they brought me free drinks and even some snack food (fries, chicken fingers and deep fried pork sausages-standard pub fare around here). There was no P.A. system again, so I was left to belting out the quiet songs again, but they said that they'd bring one around next time for me. I had a great time. I had some local help for O Danny Boy, and the crowd was hushed for some parts of Springsteen's Brilliant Disguise. It was a good night.

Well, I'm off to do some more surfing and to try find some lunch.

Have a great day!

Luke

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, glad to hear that your expensive education is paying off!! Mom is sending your text book today in the mail. I'm enjoying the blog, da

Chip said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chip said...

I'm glad to hear your getting some show time. I sent Nicole some new pics of Elijah. Do you check you're fjords account, because I’ll send them to you if you want (just not sure which e-mail to send it to). Thanks for the present. Talk to you later.

David

CBN said...

hello follower

caid said...

I'm reading this luke, but it just makes me jealous because I'm still sitting in a cubicle in Calgary, while you are digging up old romans or something. Take care,

justin

Anonymous said...

hey luke!! that's awesome that you are actually using 470 for something... i doubt i'm ever going to be able to use any of that knowledge here, except maybe to impress upon people the extent of my nerdiness. so what did you find?? and it was human? wow. jealous.
kendra