
Hey Peoples,
How are you? Things are going well here in Cardiff. I just got back yesterday from working at Heathrow airport all week. It was pretty cool, with a straightforward site (the kind I like!), contstruction machines digging just a few feet away (we wear full on construction outfits with hardhats and goggles), and with planes taking off every 90 seconds. Bizarre! The archaeology is very interesting, mostly because the airport project has a very academic approach to archaeology, and good funding, compared to most commercial projects. I was very impressed with how committed to the sites people seemed. It was a good time.
Our accomodation was very nice too, we have a full house to share between three of us, and we all have a double bed and our own bathrooms. Very impressive. I'm kind of sad I wasn't on a project like this earlier in the season!
Today Nicole and I are headed to Swansea to check it out for the day. It is Wales' other big city, and though we've heard mixed reviews, I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't really gone southwest at all in Wales yet.
WELL, I'm headed back in a week and a half, and am looking forward to seeing you all again. If anyone has any souveneir requests, please post them in a comment, and I'll do what I can...
Take care!
Luke the Duke

1 comment:
Hey Luke, good to hear from you. Will you still come up to PA and talk to my classes about Archaeology when you get home? How about before the long weekend? Kim will be here and we can all hang out. You can stay with me, I have a house to myself now. What do you think? (they will DEFINATELY ask you about dead bodies)
-Jeff
Post a Comment