Hello all,
I hope everyone is doing well. Life is treating me quite nicely lately, except for a strong cold I seem to have picked up. It will have just enough time to get really bad before its back to work on monday... Aw, I will be fine! Nicole arrived on thursday night, she caught a cab all the way from Knock, almost an hour and a half away! It was cheaper for her than staying the night and bussing the next day. I started work on a new site last tuesday, and we've been slowly picking away at that. Its been mostly stripping back the topsoil so far, and we seem to have mostly a collection of pits and features. Nothing too exciting yet, but good solid archaeology all the same. It looks pretty old, probably prehistoric. The weather here has been really nice, lots of brilliant sun and mooing cows. The new site borders on a horse's pasture, and we have to push through a herd of small cows every day to get there. One of my friends have been trying to pet them, but they just give her scared eyes and run off. It's funny that I come from agri-land in Canada, and haven't been so close to cows so often before. We booked some tickets to go to the famous Aran Islands today, and we set off with a group of friends next weekend. I can't wait. I'm going to try to get across to the smaller middle island, which is apparently the un-touristy jewel of the three. It is a bit of a time warp, too, with a lot of people still speaking exclusively irish and living the old way.
Should be brilliant. I was going to try to post photos, but, of course, there is some error that won't allow me to. No photos for you! I have a ton to post. I'll send my disc back home soon though, so I'll have to post those much later I guess.
Miss you all,
Luke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi son, good to see you were able to Blog. Glad to hear you are going to do a little exploring! Take care of your cold. I sent you an email. Love da
Hey Luke,
It looks like you are having a great time over there. I am quite jealous. Keep checking out new things and trying new beers, so you can tell me all about them when you get back.
Take care,
justin
Hey man, sounds like an awesome time over there. Say hi to Nicole for me will ya? I've got the Rawlco thing, except I still need to those emails about what to do about the pressing etc. Could you send them to me whenever you get the chance?
Hope all is well. I assume you've heard about Downtown Elijah Brown (works good eh?.
Later,
Jeff
Post a Comment