Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sitting on the dock of the bay, wasting time

Watching the incredibly big 747s roll by the window made me think of that Otis Redding tune, where he talks about watching the ships rolling in and out. I'm afraid Heathrow's charm wore off kind of quick, Mostly because I now realize that I haven't slept in forever.... I remember someone telling me that your eq (I think I mean IQ...) drops drastically when you are short of sleep. After re-reading my last blog, I'm starting to believe it. Needless to say I fixed it up a bit. I should mention, I'm having a wonderful time. I'm drinking water (bottled), and having fun browsing duty free stores. Speaking of which, I love duty free stores. I wish they were everywhere. You can buy a litre of Bailey's for 11 pounds. Thats still cheaper than in Saskatoon, conversion included. Can you imagine how cheap that would be for a brit? Man. And my FAVORITE thing they have here at the duty free store is the massive 1kg dairy milk bars, about 1.25 feet by 10 inches, and THICK, for 7 pounds. Wait, theres more. They are TWO FOR ONE. That's two kilos of dairy milk for 7 pounds. Roughly 16 dollars, I think. Still a deal, I say. Mom, if they had dark chocolate, I would have sent you 4! I also love how they sell pints at all the coffee shops. Just out in the open. And fun stuff, like Guinness, Stella, Heineken, and something called Tetley's that I'll have to try somtetime.
Anyway, I'm off to wander a bit more. Hopefully I won't go the wrong way and end up having to circle back through security...already did that once this afternoon.

Luke

1 comment:

nicole said...

login to msn!!!