Well, here I am in London England. The terminal smells like cigarettes, the people are fabulously nice, and the escalators are on the left. What's a prairie boy to do? JUMP IN. The flight was definitely a matter of necessity, and thats about it. The meals were quite nice(2), and if I'd been thinking, I would have taken advantage of the free booze, but hey. To me, its 7Am, and I haven't had a wink of sleep, so I have a bit of a stomach ache as a result. Otherwise, I feel good.
England looked extremely cool from the air. Everything is so perfect and artificial, yet so mixed up and randomly arranged. Single hardwood trees stand on tiny islands of dirt in the middle of man made lakes.
I caught my first sight of Ireland through breaks in the clouds, and around the wings of the plane. Pretty incredible. The West coast was amazing, with mountains and rugged country. I think it will be VERY different from England. I can't wait. I'll have to get back here too, I'm just so close... I practically watched all of Ireland fly by below me. I think it took about 15 or 20 minutes. A cup of tea, maybe, and a bit of a muffin, and poof, we were over the Celtic sea.
Well, off I go to explore beatleland a bit...
Luke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment