Hello Ladies and Gents,
We took the train today from Ballinasloe to Galway. The aging beast was a real time machine, and I swear they hadn't changed it since 1962. The stations were old stone ruins, and the bathroom...well, you get it. Anyway, it was a good time, and I'm looking forward to the journey back.
Yesterday was a soccer day. We watched two world cup games, England v.s. Portugal and Brazil v.s. France. It was great. Watching England get beat by anybody else in a pub in Ireland is almost as fun as watching Ireland winning. The crowd was going absolutely nuts throughout the penalty kicks, and when Portugal put the nail in the coffin, it was like the Ballinasloe team had won a game. Great fun. Brazil sucked out, and therefore France beat them. They just seemed to play like they were 3 points up all the time, when in truth France were kicking their asses. Alas, I had wanted it to be an exciting, high scoring game.
Enough about that... I've been thinking a lot about Jesse's upcoming wedding- for those of you in the dark, I'm the best man/entertainment at my brother's wedding in early December. Should be a blast. Mom and Dad, do you know when tuxedo fittings are, etc? And Davey, do you think we'll have enough time to learn some songs in November before the big night? I plan to be home on Nov. 1st or so. Mom and Dad, could you have Jesse email me a list of songs he'd like to have us play, so I can forward those to Dave and Jeff for learning? Thanks. Also, are the invitations out? I'm starting to get excited for the big night.
We've booked flights to Brussels for July 24th. About 3 weeks from now! I can't wait to see some of continental Europe. We hope to hit Brussels, Bruges, maybe a French beach, and hopefully Berlin, which is close by as well. We have 11 days, so I think we should be able to get it all in without feeling stressed and hurried. We'll play it by ear, though. Hopefully I can see some of my family's hometowns in Belgium while we're there. I think it is small enough...
Chris, way to go with the Atch. You should put Personal Park Ambassador to the Mayor on your resume.
Anyway,
I hope you are all well and good. I miss you all!
Luke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment