Sunday, August 06, 2006

Loughrea and Woodlawn House

Hello,

Today we went out on a bit of a field trip. After work on Wednesday, our friend Micheal (pronounced "Mee-hall", or that's the best I can do, anyway) took us out to see the peat bogs. On the way, we stopped at an incredible, huge, abandoned manor house that overlooks the small village where he is from, Woodlawn. It was unbelieveable. It has a huge manmade lake, with a huge stone bridge that crosses it. I guess that by turning a wheel, you could raise or lower the lake. It was lived in until the '70s, but now it's abandoned. The owner is trying to sell it, apparently. There are cows sleeping on the front steps now. Anyway, we brought Simon there today for another look, and brought the camera this time. We didn't go inside at all, but I found some photos of the thing online, so here they are. Our photos will be up eventually, when we get them uploaded to disc. We're in Loughrea now, just hanging out at the Internet Cafe. I think we'll take a stroll along the Lough afterward. I've been through this town several times on the way to Galway, but have never had a look at the lake!


Anyway, Take care, and enjoy the photos!

Luke







a link to more photos:
http://www.archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=4982

No comments: