Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Athlone Alone

Hey Party People,

How is everyone? I'm not bad, thanks. I'm hanging out in Athlone today all by my lonesome, as Nicole flew to Cardiff today. I'm waiting around in our house for my UK work visa to come land in my mailbox, then I can follow her out there. I foresee my blogs becoming more frequent and neurotic while I spend my days watching out the window for the postman. Things have been well, except that I've been really quite sick with a bad cold since the weekend. It was inevitable, whenever you finish a long stretch of ditch digging, your immune system takes a vacation and you plunge into sickness. Oh well. I'm currently at the clearing-out-my-chest-and-sinus stage, so at least I'm past the sore throat. That's the worst part by far.

No more whining. Sorry.

Athlone is somewhat entertaining; if I want to, I can go see Superman Returns at the movie theater (quite a step up from theater-less Ballinasloe), or possibly spontaneously catch a bus somewhere new. God forbid. I have no idea where I'd go, but maybe there's something worth a look. I'm in Ireland for god's sake! Athlone is really a hub of bus travel around the country, being located in the dead centre, so if I can muster the guts, it may be fun to see where I end up. I wouldn't mind a look at Kilkenny Castle, but it may have been a good idea to pack a toothbrush or some clean shorts! I do have some eltroxin with me. I thought of that one.

So far all is quiet on the Welsh job front. I'm hoping something falls into my lap just when I need it to. It always seems to work out that way.

Hey Jeff and Dave (and Jim!) how did the beer night go? Do you have details you could send? Photos? I've obviously heard some rumours, and some sum-ups from various sources, but I want the grimy details. How much cash did we make? Can we save the album? Hmm..

Last time I looked out the window it was pouring rain. Now it is sunny with not a cloud to be seen. What a place.

Ok, well, that's all for me for now. I'm off to see what this day brings.

Luke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lukey!
It sucks to be sick so I'm glad your getting over it! I totally agree the sore throat is the worst! I haven't been sick lately, just a couple random nose bleeds. Always nice at 3 AM, but neway.

I'm sure you'll survive without Nicole. You did 4 six weeks when she was in Equador or wherever! lol. I wanna see Superman Returns.

Life's been pretty quiet around here, but I'm still not ready 4 school. Two stats classes are in my future. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Take care dude,
Mel

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke,
I am sorry to hear that you are sick! That is no fun. I have a pretty good idea where you found that little virus!! I hope that she has a good flight to Wales. You will not have too long to wait to go over yourself with any luck. I have to apologize to the Fjord crew! I very diligently went to the fund raiser--but on Saturday--just couldn't figure out why there was no one there until I checked the blog after coming back home. Do I ever need a holiday!
Patrick was not impressed with me but we did have a pint so all was not lost.

Take care,
Jocelyne