Thursday, August 17, 2006

Digging for Gwynness

Hello All!

Well, sorry to all you Welsh (except Alid Warwick) for this bastardization of their language. I don't even know how "GWY" is pronounced, but I've seen it everywhere.

I'm in Wales. Cardiff, to be exact, and I'm having a great time. Cardiff is an interesting city, with lots of cool old houses, very impressive huge old buildings, shopping malls, ethnic restauraunt districts, office towers, and, possibly most importantly, decent rum and cokes!!

I arrived in Bristol yesterday about an hour late, after making my way through the busiest airport I've ever experienced in Dublin. I was 4KG over the weight limit and unable to take my guitar as a carry on, and together these ended up costing more than my ticket and taxes combined. I reluctantly left behind the Hurley (a weapon-like Irish sporting stick-worth looking up!) that my friend Eoin had given me. I managed to shrug this off, and everything went great after that. I arrived in Bristol, and walked right off the plane and out into Wales without a soul stopping me. Somewhat worried about not having my passport looked at (in case I needed my work permit validated), I had to spend some time convincing a security guard that I hadn't passed through immigration. He had someone run down and stamp it. Bristol airport was an extremely nice, quiet airport with two security/police guys toting huge black machine guns walking around the lobby. My bus was waiting for me right when I walked out the door.

After a very pretty bus ride through Bristol to the very pretty train station, I caught a train to Cardiff, and well, here I am!

We plan to take off to Netherlands, Belgium and France on Monday from London. Things are going quite well, though still no jobs lined up.

Well, miss you all!

Luke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke
Glad to hear things are going well so far. Liz should be getting here today. It'll be kinda weird not seeing you while she's here. Neway have a good one!
Mel

Anonymous said...

You make it sound like all you do is drink, or look for a good drinks. Maybe you have a problem mister.

I read blogs for fun.