Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Evil Eye!



Does anyone else feel uncomfortable walking into the Clothes Cafe? It seems whenever I go in there, the people working there look at me with pure disbelief, like some smelly bum off the street just shuffled in to soil their ill-fitting $80 Major Damage sweaters. It seems like the place is just there so they can hang out and feel cool. Does anyone actually shop there at all? Do they provide any service to you? WHENEVER I go there, I get the feeling that because my jeans aren't down around my ass, I'm not toting a snowboard, and I'm not wearing a sideways hat, I'm not actually supposed to be there. I have to start any conversation, even if I'm the only one there, and the whole visit is invariably filled with a heavy awkwardness. It's a relief to leave! The owners used to come into Siesta when I worked there, and seemed quite nice. I don't know why, but I get a bad vibe at this store. Even at Six-Forty, their store next door (that sells last season's UK fashions, I will immaturely point out) I get the feeling that the counterperson wishes there was a cot behind the desk. I'm pretty sure that whenever I've been there, I'm the only customer, and well, I think I know why.

I'm off to SEARS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I still love Sally Anne. Just the other day i found a "vintage" Y2K shirt. I'm serious- it has a wicked 1999-2000 print all over it. Eat that Cafe Snob!

Anonymous said...

hhhhhhhh







n ,eeds 5
love elijah