Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh Yeah

Hey everyone.

I hope you like my new profile photo. Alas, it isn't recent. I've officially spent FAR too much time on the computer today. So what do I decide to do? BLOG! My new job is pretty much souped-up data entry (with some maps and paper and pens and stuff) from 8:30-4:30. Today was quite laid back though, and since we were waiting around for some rental-truck oil changes I ended up spending most of the morning at Tim Horton's.

It was really interesting watching out the window (so we could see our oil change progress) and observing all of the traffic in the drive through. Tim Hortons is a machine. I don't know how they do it, I guess just by keeping things simple and consistent. I saw 3 near-accidents, 4 people I knew, and 1 tiny, TINY little middle-aged woman in a fur coat driving a monstrous Yukon. I can't believe she didn't get hung up on the guard rail!

I love the word "Guard". Whenever I type it, I always think "Goo-ard". It's like "Because", which I learned to spell by seeing it as "Becca-Use".

Cowboy hats are officially out, and wearing sweater-inspired jeans are officially in. Though I searched really hard, I couldn't find a photo. Just picture this: put a sweater on as pants, with your legs through the arms. Then sew up the neck/crotch, put a belt around the top, and you got it. I swear I saw these pants numerous times in Europe. They had the crotch at mid-thigh, were skin-tight below that, and baggy above. SOOOO ugly. Just wait, I'll be a huge fan by this time next year. I can see it now: "Come on, Nicole, they just look so good on you". I'm just sure that some designer put a sweater on their legs while drunk on Aftershock, and said "Look out, Eurotrash! Who has Versace's phone number?".

1 comment:

Chip said...

If you are talking about the Tims on 8th and Cumberland, it is the busiest Tim Horton’s in Canada.